Based in a high-tec centre in Framlingham Suffolk, X-on is a well established provider of hosted phone, mobile and web based services to clients ranging from medium enterprises to the FTSE 100 quoted and public sector organizations.
We are currently seeking additional staff with experience in the following areas:
Location: Field based potentially nationwide, company based in Suffolk
Sector: IT & Telecoms
Job Type: Permanent
We are looking for a Field Installation Engineer with telecoms experience to join our friendly provisioning team within the Service Delivery department. Your core role will be the installation of new and existing data cabling infrastructures. You will be required to cover customer sites nationwide and you can expect to spend the majority of your time out with customers. Your role will include some weekend working.
X-on is a innovative IT and telecoms company offering cloud based telecoms software solutions within the health sector. Our client base is expanding rapidly. The company is based in Framlingham, Suffolk but as the position is field based you will not be limited to working in this location.
For further company and product information see our website www.surgeryconnect.co.uk
- Installation of new cabling and enhancing existing data cabling infrastructures
- To conduct site surveys and provide reports with your findings
- Installation of Voice over Internet Protocol as well as WIFI systems within a surgery environment
- On site customer support
- Configuration management of customer premises equipment such as routers, switches and phones
- Deliver network requirements to agreed provisioning process timescales
- Troubleshooting a range of issues, investigating, diagnosing faults, and working through to resolution
- To ensure customer satisfaction in line with their expectations
- A professional manner with the ability to clearly understand customer requirements
- You will be able to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have meticulous organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Prepared to "Go the extra mile" to deliver systems to customers
- Enjoy being part of a team
- A quick learner and be keen to learn new technologies
Experience and skills
- Cat5e / Cat6a techniques including installation and testing
- Networking Technology including configuring routers and switches
- Previous experience with the installation of Telecoms Equipment
- Managed and installed WIFI systems and VoIP
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Full Clean UK Drivers Licence
Depending on skills and experience, the starting salary is in the region of £25,000 with a company van provided. Laptop and mobile will be provided.
X-on is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age or disability.
CV please to:
Support engineers with a track record in effectively dealing with customer concerns.
X-on is regularly looking to add great people to the team, both enthusiastic programmers who are just starting out and more experienced developers. If you have the desire to work with the latest technology to help produce the best systems for our customers then please get in contact and send in your CV. Flexible working hours.
Desired skills: PHP, Linux, MySQL, speech recognition, high capacity real time systems, VoIP/SIP.
Possibility of permanent and contract positions. A suitable salary package may be offered depending on age and experience.
CV please to:
Framlingham IP13 9EZ
Tel: 0333 332 0000
Case studies for members of the X-on Team.