How GP Hubs, PCNs, Federations Benefit from Surgery Connect
Save money and reduce workload with easy-to-use telephony that helps deliver more efficient, more coordinated care across multiple sites.
GP hubs, PCNs (Primary Care Networks) and federations are using Surgery Connect to match resources to demand across multiple health and care providers, and better deliver extended access and new forms of consultation. With its centralised GP Communications Hub, Surgery Connect can help improve staff productivity and the patient experience.
With Surgery Connect, GP Hubs and Networks can:
- Measure and manage demand for appointments across multiple sites
- Provide efficient call-handling through a centralised contact centre
- Keep individual or have centralised phone numbers
- Cut the costs of contracts for outdated legacy systems
- Support extended access and several GP Forward View high impact actions
How Managing Bookings Works
With Surgery Connect, appointment availability is displayed for each of the hub surgeries. The patient is identified when they call, and the relevant clinical record displayed.
Booking an appointment is simply a matter of selecting an available slot. The appointment will then be loaded into the relevant surgery's clinical system, while confirming visually with the call handler.