Based in a high-tec centre in Framlingham Suffolk, X-on is a well established provider of hosted phone, mobile and web based services to clients ranging from medium enterprises to the FTSE 100 quoted and public sector organizations.
Purchasing/Stock Control AdministratorSector: Healthcare (England customer base).
Job type: Permanent, full time.
Department: Service Delivery.
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer.
X-on is a pioneer of cloud telephony in the UK, with over 20 years of experience we have worked with hundreds of customers. These are across many industries where we deliver simple communications choices to benefit their business. Through the development of our own technology we have a track record of introducing products that have helped to shape our industry.
Our business is focused on innovation and continues to push the boundaries of fixed line, mobile and cloud telephony for the future. We have developed our own technology working with hundreds of businesses to make communications simple.
We have recently been awarded the General Practice Award 2019 for technology solution provider of the year.
The principal roles of the Purchasing/Stock Control Administrator is to be responsible for managing X-on’s inventory, manage suppliers and purchase stock to meet both internal and customer needs.
Focus and responsibility
- Responsible for managing stock, and maintaining records for the physical stock
- Advice on the stock control process and make improvements where applicable
- Coordinate deliveries to customer sites to project timescales
- Complete packing and dispatching of stock for customer installations
- Work with autotask and concur to ensure inventory is up to date
- Manage the disposal of equipment
- Operate and adhere to Information Security Policy and comply with H&S, Data protection, PCI and DSP Policies
Decision making authority
Will need to request decisions from line manager in the first instance.
Assignment and planning of work
Work is generated via the following channels:
- Job holder
- Senior manager
- Internal: Colleagues who are requesting stock for customers
- External: Suppliers who are used to provide stock, building relationships
Most complex part of the role
Time management to ensure that stock matches demand whilst keeping to budget.
Knowledge, Skills and experience
Relevant knowledge of working within a similar environment:
- Knowledge of Concur or Autotask systems
- Understanding of the requirements of the business and the impact the role has
- Able to provide a seamless service
- Proven record of working within a similar environment
- Qualifications GCSE level maths and English as a minimum
- Excellent time management skills
- Diplomatic and able to work at all levels within an organisation and build good working relationships with providers/suppliers
- Excellent Google skills (or Microsoft skills)
- 3% stakeholder pension with 5% contribution from the employee after the qualifying period and meeting the qualifying criteria
- 20 days holiday including 3 which are taken over the Christmas period for close down
- Health Insurance is offered at an additional cost
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free tea and coffee
- Free parking on site
CV please to:
Framlingham IP13 9EZ
Sam and Josh
X-on is experiencing a period of accelerated growth, particularly within the Health sector. If you have skills and experience in any of the areas below and enjoy working within a dedicated and friendly team please contact us to be included as positions become available.
Possibility of permanent and contract positions. A suitable salary package may be offered dependent on experience.
The role includes the installation of data cabling infrastructures, covering customer sites nationwide and including some weekend working. The whole process is covered from the site survey, installation of VoIP/WiFi, routers, switches and phones, while providing on-site customer support.
Delivering to agreed timescales while troubleshooting any issues, investigating and diagnosing faults, and working through to resolution to ensure customer satisfaction.
X-on is regularly looking to add great people to the team, both enthusiastic programmers who are just starting out and more experienced developers. If you have the desire to work with the latest technology to help produce the best systems for our customers then please get in contact and send in your CV. Flexible working hours.
Desired skills: PHP, Linux, MySQL, speech recognition, high capacity real time systems, VoIP/SIP.
Please send your CV to:
Framlingham IP13 9EZ
Tel: 0333 332 0153
Case studies for members of the X-on Team.