|Job Title||Full Stack Developer||Department||Development|
|Reports to||Head of Development||Location base||Framlingham|
|Job Title||Full Stack Developer|
|Reports to||Head of Development|
X-on is a pioneer of cloud telephony in the UK, with over 20 years of experience we have worked with hundreds of customers. These are across many industries where we deliver simple communications choices to benefit their business. Through the development of our own technology we have a track record of introducing products that have helped to shape our industry.
Our business is focused on innovation and continues to push the boundaries of fixed line, mobile and cloud telephony for the future. We have developed our own technology working with hundreds of businesses to make communications simple. Our customers include Health Care Professionals as well as corporate industries. Our cloud-based healthcare phone systems are being used by GP surgeries, GP hubs and federations, and across CCGs.
We have recently been awarded the General Practice Award 2019 for technology solution provider of the year.
You will be part of a growing team developing a cloud-based telephone system and the surrounding infrastructure. Responsibilities will include building and maintaining customer facing consoles that improve the patient experience and deliver practice efficiencies at scale.
You will be using the latest technologies including WebRTC to achieve real-time communication between remote users.
Focus and responsibility
- Assist with the development of real time communication systems. This includes voice and video live communication between different platforms.
- Work with the development team and product managers to ideate software solutions.
- Design client-side and server-side architecture including web applications and APIs for both internal and external use.
- Work alongside UX designers and developers to achieve consistent and user-friendly interfaces for customers to interact with.
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- Adhere to best practices in relation to security and data protection.
Decision making authority
Within the constraints of the published policies you will be entrusted with a level of authority on a day to day basis. You will report to the Head of Development day to day.
Assignment and planning of work
Work is generated via the following channels:
- Head of Development
- Senior UX Designer
- Other development team members
- Product development team
- Customers which may include practice managers
Most complex part of the role
Creating and maintaining secure, real time communication systems that can scale to meet customer demands.
- Experience developing customer facing web applications
- Experience with WebRTC, SIP and other technologies used for real-time communications
- An understanding of version control systems (e.g. Git)
- Knowledge of PHP, HTML, SASS and an understanding of databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Great attention to detail, and excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to manage code releases in a timely manner, and without issues
- Promote best security practice and highlight areas where X-on can improve
- Diplomatic way of communicating in stressful situations
- Proven knowledge of customer issues and help form requirements that solve them
- Experience of working in a similar environment
- 3% stakeholder pension with 5% contribution from the employee after 3 months (if meeting legal criteria)
- 25 days holiday including 3 which are taken over the Christmas period for close down
- Health Insurance is available at an additional cost
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free hot drinks at head office (Framlingham)
- Free parking on-site at head office (Framlingham)
Sam and Josh
X-on is experiencing a period of accelerated growth, particularly within the Health sector. If you have skills and experience in any of the areas below and enjoy working within a dedicated and friendly team please contact us to be included as positions become available.
Possibility of permanent and contract positions. A suitable salary package may be offered dependent on experience.
The role includes the installation of data cabling infrastructures, covering customer sites nationwide and including some weekend working. The whole process is covered from the site survey, installation of VoIP/WiFi, routers, switches and phones, while providing on-site customer support.
Delivering to agreed timescales while troubleshooting any issues, investigating and diagnosing faults, and working through to resolution to ensure customer satisfaction.
X-on is regularly looking to add great people to the team, both enthusiastic programmers who are just starting out and more experienced developers. If you have the desire to work with the latest technology to help produce the best systems for our customers then please get in contact and send in your CV. Flexible working hours.
Desired skills: PHP, Linux, MySQL, speech recognition, high capacity real time systems, VoIP/SIP.
Please send your CV to:
Framlingham IP13 9EZ
Tel: 0333 332 0153